In order to pay for multiple memberships in one family transaction in ClubLANE, the following needs to have already been set up for these possible scenarios:
1) If the family members are all new, all accounts need to have been added
(How do I add a new family in ClubLANE?).
2) If the family members are all renewing, they need to be linked together with one member set as the family leader (How do I link members together as families? How do I set a primary member in a family group?). All renewing members also need to be activated
(How do I renew a member in ClubLANE?).
3) If the family is a mix of new and renewing members, the new members need to be added (How do I add a new member in ClubLANE?) and then linked to the family leader (How do I link members together as families?). All renewing members also need to be activated (How do I set a primary member in a family group?).
To pay for all multiple memberships in one family transaction, the payment must be made through the family leader’s account. Any payments made via the accounts of other linked members in the family will only be made for the amount of that individual member’s membership.
Scenario 1: All family members are new.
After all accounts have been added, click on Make Payment in the confirmation screen. You will be prompted to make payment by credit card.
If you wish to make payment manually (this option is NOT available to New South Wales clubs), click on Edit Member to view the family leader’s membership account.
In the Subscriptions box, click on Manual Pay and select the payment method the member has used to pay for their membership.
Scenario 2 and 3: All family members are renewing OR some family members are new and some are renewing.
As detailed above:
- All accounts need to have been linked together (new and renewing), and
- All renewing accounts need to have individually been activated (How do I renew a membership account in ClubLANE?).
New members are automatically set to being active after they have been added.
As long as this has been done, view the account of the family leader. If you’re not sure who the family leader is, it will be listed in the Subscriptions box/Paid By section in other linked family member’s accounts. In this example member C Johnson (944843) is the family leader.
Once you have the family leader’s account on your screen, payment can be made through the Subscriptions box by clicking Pay Now (credit card transaction) or Manual pay (non-credit card transaction – this option is NOT available for New South Wales clubs).