The setting for Qualification Type in a Meets Qualification Parameters on the Meet Setup page controls two parameters for Meet Event Entry which are;
- Qualification – if an event has a qualification time set as an entry requirement, the Qualification type determines which of a swimmer’s previous times (in conjunction with the Timing allowed, Meet status allowed, and Result status allowed) can be used to determine whether the swimmer qualifies for the event.
- Seeding – an eligible swimmer, regardless of whether an event requires a qualification time or not, has the best previous time, that meets the Qualification type (in conjunction with the Timing allowed, Meet status allowed, and Result status allowed) used as the time for seeding purposes.
When selecting the relevant Timing Allowed on the meet settings page, consider the following options:
- All - allows any results to be used to enter the meet regardless of the timing method.
- Electronic Only - allows only results recorded electronically (i.e. Touchpad) to be used to enter the meet.
- None Only - the meet had no timing method set (good for Club Night results).
- Manual or None - same as None Only; plus also includes manually recorded times.
- Semi-electronic or Electronic - allows results recorded using electronic hand held timing mechanisms and/or Touchpad timing systems.
There are eight Qualification type settings for Meet Organisers to use when setting up their Meet and they are designed to work with corresponding settings in the Hy-Tek Meet Manager program.
The three most commonly used Qualification types are:
- LC1 - Long Course – LC time only;
- LC3 - Long Course – Allow SC unconverted; and
- SC3 - Short Course – Allow LC unconverted.
Please note that you can have both 'faster than' and 'slower than' settings available.
Follow this link for information on How to use Long Course, Short Course acceptance rules.