Family groups allow a principal (i.e. guardian) to manage the activities of everyone in their family regardless of swimming level of club. A family group contains a principal and any number of dependant.
Please note, families that were linked as a paying group within ClubLANE / MyLANE will automatically show as a family within Swim Central. If you find that you have family members missing please do not register or create these family members again, contact your State Swimming Association for assistance.
Follow the steps below to create and manage a family group.
Navigate to Swim Central in your device’s internet browser. Select ‘Sign In’ and complete the sign in process. Please note, if you do not know your password or have yet to set one up please complete the forgot password process.
STEP 2. CREATING YOUR FAMILY
You will be redirected to your landing screen – which will be one of the below options.
- Option 1: If you have no existing family members, this will be your ‘Home’ screen.
- From here, you can create a family group by selecting the ‘Family Setup’ tile.
- Enter a name for your family in the ‘Surname/Alias’ field.
- Add a four-digit family administration pin to secure your account. This pin should be kept secure and not shared.
- Confirm your eligibility (i.e. that you are over 18 years of age)
- Select the ‘Confirm’ button to create your family
- You will now be able to create any dependents by providing first name, last name and date of birth. Once you have created all dependents within your family, you can manage their activities from the ‘Family’ icon in the top navigation bar and impersonating them.
- Option 2: If you have existing family members, this will be your ‘My Family’ page.
- From here you can you can manage the activities of your family members by impersonating them.
- To create additional dependents, you will need to unlock your family using the padlock located at the top right of the screen. Then use the ‘Edit’ button located on the right of the screen below the blue locator bar.
STEP 3. MANAGING YOUR FAMILY
You can manage your family’s details via the ‘Family Setup’ tile or the ‘Edit’ button from within ‘My Family’. This includes the name of your family, any dependents and updating your family administration pin, for help with a forgotten family administration pin click here. You can also graduate any dependents who are over the age of 18 years, for help graduating a dependent click here.
You can manage your family’s activities by impersonating them. You can do this through the ‘Family’ icon located in the navigation bar at the top right of the screen.