Club Administrators can set up a casual event that does not require the import of a meet manager file.
1. Log in to Swim Central and select Administration, enter your family pin if required
2. Select 'Create Event' from the club dashboard
3. Click 'Other Program Event' and select either
Public Access Event: This event type can only be accessed to those who are provided the event bounce link. When a person is registering/purchasing products for this type of event and do not hold a Swim Central account they will be required to register with Swim Central and once email verification is complete they will be returned to the public event.
Swim Central Access Event: This event type can only be access to those who hold a Swim Central account and are logged in to the system.
4. After selecting event type click 'next'
5. Complete the Event Details
- Event Name: Name of your event
- Event Start and End Dates: Enter the dates of your event which are local to the venue where you are hosting the event
- Event Start Time and Finish Time: Enter the start and finish time of your event
- 'Next' If all information is correct and you wish to continue with set up
- 'Save Draft' if you wish to save and continue later
- 'Delete' will remove the event completely from Swim Central
6. Complete Additional Details Page
Contact Name: Mandatory field to specify a contact person for the event
Contact Phone: This optional field allows you to list a contact phone for the event.
Contact Email: Mandatory field to specify a contact email for the event.
- Contact Website: This optional field allows you to list a website.
- Event Name: Name of your event
- Local Registration Opening date: Enter the date you wish to open regsitrations or purchases
- Local Registration Closing date: Enter the date you wish to close regsitrations or purchases
Local Registration Opening time: Enter the time you wish to open regsitrations or purchases
- Local Registration Closing time: Enter the time you wish to close regsitrations or purchases.
*Please note, these dates & times are all local to the user’s current browser time zone.
- Further Event Details: This field is mandatory, and will display in the Details tab of the event. There is some great features in this field, including the ability to include URLs and text formatting.
- Venue: Your primary venue will be listed, and if you have multiple venues, choose from the dropdown box. If no venues are listed you need to link a venue via your club dashboard -->
Club Information --> Club Details -->Venues + --> Link Venue --> find and select the venue
- Add my own location: Tick the checkbox and type the address in the search box to add your own location
- Location Name: Mandatory field to specify the name of the location the event is being held
- Time Zone: Mandatory field to indicate the time zone where the event is taking place
7. Once complete select ‘Next’ alternatively select 'Save Draft' to save and continue later.
8. To create event products click 'Add Event Product' to set up assigned or unassigned products for your event.
Assigned products (e.g. Entries) are attached to a Participant at the checkout and are available for purchase between Registration Opening and Registration Closing dates.
Unassigned products (e.g. Spectator Tickets or Merchandise) may be purchased in any quantity from the date of Event Publish until Event Finish.
- Name: Name of your product
- Product Type: select the product type from the drop-down list
- Description: A brief description of your product, which will display in the #####
- Cost Price exGST: This is the cost of your product. If your Club is registered for GST, please take care to enter the cost excluding GST as Swim Central will add GST to the amount.
- Quantity Available: Enter the number available for purchase
- Is Refundable: Recommend keeping this ticked, as it doesn’t guarantee a refund just allows it if needed.
- Product Assigned to Individual: Tick this box if the product is to be assigned to a specific participant. Leave unticked if not required to be assigned to an individual.
9. Select 'Create' once completed
10. To delete a product click 'X' next to the product
11. Once all products required have been created for your event click 'Next'
12. To create custom questions for your product/s select 'Build Questions' or select 'Next' to skip this step
- Select 'New Form' and give your form a unique name that can be easily identified later and on reports, click 'Create'
Enter your question into the 'Field/Question' field and (optional) hint then choose one of the following response types:
- Text: for short answers
- Select: single choice options listed in a drop down.
- Select Multiple: able to select more than one option.
- Checkbox: to only select one option.
- Date: for entering a date
- Date & Time: for entering a date and time
- WYSIWYG: What you see is what you get
- Label Only: text only, no response
- Select from list: This is best if you have several options to choose from.
- Click on 'Add'
- If necessary, provide your response choices and then click anywhere outside the modal to close it.
- If you want the question to be mandatory select 'Required' checkbox
- Once completed click on 'Review'. This allows you to test your form to ensure it is correct.
- Select 'Save'
- You can link forms to event products using the dropdown menu. This way, when a user chooses that specific product, they will be presented the corresponding questions before proceeding to payment.
- Once associated click 'Next'
It is critical that the details of your event are checked before your event is published.
- To view the event details select the '+' to display the information from that page
- To make any changes select 'Edit' and you will be taken back to that page for editing.
- To view the event products select the '+' to display the information from that page
- If you need to make changes, click on 'Edit' and you will be directed to the page for editing. However, please be aware that you can only add or remove an event product, and you cannot modify an existing product.
- After reviewing your event and ensuring that it has been set up correctly, you can publish it by clicking on the 'Publish' button located at the bottom of the Event Summary Page.
Please keep in mind that for public access events, you must share the Event Bounce Link, which can be found at the top of the Event Home page.