Members who hold a recreational swimming membership can upgrade to a competitive membership at their club by following the steps below. The way the upgrade process works is to purchase the NEW membership product, transfer from the OLD membership product and an automatic refund (of components which are common to both membership products) will happen in the background. Any funds that are reimbursed should be received within 10 days of the transfer being initiated.
1) Login to Swim Central, select the padlock at the top right corner and enter your ‘PIN’.
2) From the menu options select Store, then Memberships
Your current club membership products should automatically display
3) Select the correct member from the Family List
4) Locate the ‘NEW Membership Product’
5) Select ‘Add to Cart’ for ####'
6) Select Shopping Cart at the top of the page
7) Verify the contents of your trolley
8) Enter credit card details, Agree with Terms and Conditions
9) Select ‘Buy Now’
NB If your membership requires a document upload, please see here for details.
10) On the screen ‘Thank you for your purchase’ select ‘Set as Primary Membership’ then ‘confirm’
11) Proceed to the member’s ‘Profile’ and select ‘View Profile’
12) From the Memberships accordion select the OLD membership and the membership details will display
13) Select 'Transfer'. If this button is disabled, please contact your state administrator.
14) Select the checkbox next to the NEW membership product. Ensure you are transferring from the OLD membership into the NEW membership
15) You will also see a summary of any reimbursements. The swimmer will be eligible to receive a refund on any components which are common to both membership products (i.e. State fee and National fee components).
16) Select 'Transfer'
16) The transfer request is automatically approved and the new membership will be assigned as your primary membership. Please note that this can take up to 30 minutes to occur.