1. Checking Meet Manager
It’s critical that clubs check their Meet Manager file before uploading into Swim Central as most fields cannot be edited in Swim Central.
Meet Manager Checklist:
- Event Name: This is the name of your meet (eg 2022 My Club Meet)
- Event Start and End Dates: Enter the dates of your event which are local to the venue where you are hosting the event
- Course Type : Select the course for your meet. (LC: Long Course, SC - Short Course, Yards) Please ensure course type under Events/sessions/Edit Sessions matches
- Age Up Date: This field sets the age up date for the meet
- Entry Open and Deadline Date: Dates that nominations are open and closed
- Events: to make sure ages, gender, distance, stroke, Entry Fee are correct.
- Open Event Min Age: This field is to be used if your meet has open events, which have a minimum age. (Complete this by clicking Set-up, Entry/Scoring Preferences, Entries/Entry Limits tab, Min age for Open Events:)
- Earliest Allowed Qualification: This field sets the earliest date for entry times to have swum. (Complete this by clicking Set-up, Entry/Scoring Preferences, Entries/Entry Limits tab, Entries must have been performed on or after: Insert Date
- Sessions and Session Times: Do you have sessions set up and are the details correct (Complete this by clicking Events, Sessions, Add/Edit then complete the fields)
- Event Entry Fee: This can be set up in 2 ways
Option 1: Global Option
From the Meet Manager homepage, click on set-up, From the drop down menu, choose Options, insert fee next to "Change non-Time Trial individual event entry fees'. The global options will allow you to change your entry price of all events.
Option 2: Individual Option
From the Meet Manager homepage, click on events, select an event, Edit. You can insert an amount for each individual event.
- Swim Central adds GST when a Club is GST registered. If your club has not registered for GST, enter the full price.
- Check that no Entry Fee Surcharges have been set. No Athlete, Team or Facility Surcharges (Check in Meet Manager by clicking Setup, Entry Fee Surcharges)
- NB. A system fee, and then a transaction fee will be applied in the Swim Central shopping cart.
Once you have confirmed your meet information is correct, export your
‘Meet Events’ file by selecting File, Export, Events for TM.
2. Log in to Swim Central and Upload your MM Zip or EV3 File
- Login to Swim Central and select ‘Administration’
- Enter your Family Pin and your Administrator Pin
- Select 'Create Event’ from the club dashboard
- Select your Event Type. These are state specific so only templates set by your state will display. Selecting the correct Event Type is important for approval of your meet as well as pre-population of certain information to streamline the event creation process
- Upload your Meet Manager ‘Meet Events’ Zip or EV3 file.
- You will create this ‘Meet Events’ file in meet Manager, by clicking File, Export, Events for TM.
- Select 'Next'
3. Meet Manager File Review
- Information from your Meet Manager file will be displayed here to review.
- Ensure that all details are correct for your meet
- If all information is correct select ‘Next’
- Alternatively select 'Save Draft' if you wish to save and continue later
- If you need to make a correction to the MM file select ‘delete’ at the bottom of the page.
- This will remove the meet and MM Zip file from Swim Central.
- Return to meet manager, update the necessary fields, re-export the file
- Start the create an event workflow again
4. Additional Details
- Contact Name: This optional field allows you to list a contact person for the meet in the event calendar.
- Contact Phone: This optional field allows you to list a contact phone for the meet in the event calendar.
- Contact Email: This optional field allows you to list a contact email for the meet in the event calendar.
4.2 Event Details
- Venue: Your primary venue will be listed, or if you have multiple venues then select from the dropdown box (If no venues are listed you will need to link a venue via
Club Information --> Club Details --> Venues + --> Link Venue
- Nomination Local Opening date: Enter the date you wish to open entries.
- Nomination Local Opening time: Enter the time you wish to open entries.
- Nomination Local Closing date: Enter the date you wish to close entries.
- Nomination Local Closing time: Enter the time you wish to close entries.
*Please note, these dates & times are all local to the user’s current browser time zone.
- Further Event Details: This field is optional, and will display in the Details tab of the event in the calendar. There is some great features in this field, including the ability to include URLs and text formatting.
- Event Timing to be Used: Select the type of timing that you will be using to host your meet (e.g. Manual, Semi-Electronic or Electronic). Please note, that certain Event Types are required to be conducted using certain timing types in order to be approved.
- Qualification Course Conformance: This field sets whether a nonconforming time (i.e. LC for SC meet or SC for LC meet) can be used and how it is handled.
- Only Allow Conforming – Entrants can only use a time swum in a conforming course (i.e. SC only for SC meet or LC only for LC meet).
- Allow Converted Nonconforming – Entrants can use a converted nonconforming time if they do not have a conforming time (i.e. SC time +2% for LC meet or LC time -2% for SC meets).
- Allow Unconverted Nonconforming – Entrants can use an unconverted nonconforming time if they do not have a conforming time (i.e. LC time can be used for SC meet or SC time can be used for LC meet).
- Allowed Minimum Result Timing: This field allows you to set what timing type can be used as a minimum, by entrants to enter the meet.
- Manual – Entrants must have a Manual time
- Semi-Electronic – Entrants must have a Semi-Electronic time
- Electronic – Entrants must have an Electronic time
- Allow More Accurate Timing Types: Tick this box to allow more accurate timing types, rather than just the timing type set above (e.g. Semi-Electronic is more accurate than Manual and Electronic is more accurate then Semi-Electronic and Manual).
- Allow unapproved event results: This field allows you to select whether unapproved event results can be used by entrants
- Allow Event Host Results Only: This field allows clubs to restrict seed times to only results swum at your own club’s meet (e.g. for clubs that only allow seed times from previous club nights this field should be ticked)
- Allow unverified event results: This field allows you to select whether unverified event results can be used by entrants
4.5 Event Constraints
- Lanes per race: Set the number of lanes your meet will use
- Seconds between heats: Set the time between heats that you will use at your meet.
- Limit Swimmers per session: This optional field allows you to set the maximum number of participants for your session/s.
- Max Duration Per session (Minutes): This field allows you to set the maximum time for your session/s. Ensure this is long enough for the expected duration of the longest of your sessions
- Minimum No of Swimmers Required for relay Teams: This field allows the meet host to specify the minimum number of swimmers a club is required to submit when nominating for a relay team. Any swimmers’ names selected will then be exported to meet manager and listed against the relay team. We suggest you choose 4 as a minimum. This will not stop a club entering reserves however will ensure they enter four swimmers at least to reduce the workload for the recorders when entering athlete names on the day.
- Export Pending Payment Relay Teams: This box only needs to be ticked for a meet, which has relay events. If your meet does have relay events, and you wish to allow relay team entries to be paid for in an offline capacity (i.e. not using a credit card through Swim Central) tick this box, in all other situations you can leave unticked.
- Qualification Seeding: This field allows you to set which seed time is taken for an entrant, ONLY if they are using a nonconforming entry time.
- Use unconverted entry time: Entrants will be entered using their entry time, unconverted. Swim Central will export using the exact race result,, including course type and result/split time. Meet Manager will perform its own internal conformance corrections.
- Use converted nonconforming time: Entrants will be entered using their nonconforming time converted (i.e. SC time +2% for LC meet or LC time -2% for SC meets). Swim Central will export applying a 2% conversion factor, and then indicate to Meet Manager that the time is conformant so that no further calculations are performed after export.
- Use unconverted nonconforming time: Entrants will be entered using their nonconforming time unconverted (i.e. LC time can be used for SC meet or SC time can be used for LC meet). Swim Central will export without applying a conversion factor but will lie to Meet Manager to say that the time is conformant so that no further calculations are performed after export.
- Use conforming qualification time: Entrants will be entered on the conforming qualification time.
- Home Member Pinnacle Entity: denotes which athletes will be considered visitors at your meet. If you list this as Australia, all international athletes will be considered visitors. If you list this as your state eg Victoria, all interstate and international athletes will be considered visitors. This field is how Swim Central will attribute the Visitor (V) appropriately.
4.9 Document Requirements
- This is used for occasions when an individual must have a particular document to enter the meet.
Once Complete Select ‘Next’
Alternatively select 'Save Draft' if you wish to save and continue later.
5.1 Membership Requirements
Please note, meets without correct Membership Requirements set may be considered unapproved.
This is an extremely important step, which ensures that your meet (also applies to club nights) is only open to eligible swimmers; by setting the Memberships that need to be held in order to enter the meet. Keeping in mind if this step is not completed correctly, it could cause your meet to be unapproved, with results not verified. NB: You can only select your own or your ancestor's memberships.
Season Dates: Queensland, Victoria and NT run July-June, while in New South Wales, South Australia and Tasmania the season runs October – September.
Using the filters at the top of the page:
- If your meet is open to only your Club’s swimmers (e.g. Club Night): Select Swimming Australia, Select the State, Select the Region/District, Select your Club, then select any memberships that are eligible to enter your meet (e.g. 21/22 Recreational Swimmer 9&O etc.). Alternatively you can tick the box that says 'Filter by Club Name' and your clubs memberships
- If your meet is open to only your Region/District’s swimmers (e.g. Regional / District Champs): Select Swimming Australia, Select the State, Select the Region/District, then select any memberships that are eligible to enter your meet (e.g. 20/21 Competitive Swimmer 9&O etc.).
- If your meet is open to only Your State swimmers: Select Swimming Australia, Your State, then select any memberships that are eligible to enter your meet (eg 21/22 Swimmer 8 & Under etc)
- If your meet is open to any swimmer in Australia: Select Swimming Australia, then select any memberships that are eligible to enter your meet (e.g. 21/22 Swimmer 8&U (QLD VIC NT), Swimmer 9&O (SA NSW).
- Your selection will be displayed on the right in the 'Green Box
5.2 Relationship Requirements
You can restrict your meet to only members of:
- A single club
- A group of clubs
- A Region/District or Regions/Districts
- A State or States
Using the Filters at the top of the page:
- To select allowed clubs, from the filters simply select Australia, The state, The Region/District, and click on 'Select Descendants' to choose multiple clubs or single clubs
- To select a Region/District , from the filters simply select Australia, The State, The Region/District and select the Region/District
- Your selection will be displayed on the right in the 'Green Box'
- To remove a club or membership select the green 'X'
NB: If you set both membership and relationship requirements then a participant must meet both requirements to enter your meet.
- Once Complete Select ‘Next’
- Alternatively select 'Save Draft' if you wish to save and continue later.
6. Create Meet Entry Fee (Optional)
- Swim central allows meet hosts to charge a one-off Meet entry fee for each competitor attending their event which is required to be purchased prior to allowing event nomination.
To set up a Meet Entry Fee select ‘Create Fee’ and Follow the below steps.
- Name: Give the meet entry fee a name that is displayed for the purchaser
- Description: Add a description (optional), this will show for the purchaser
- Cost Price exGST: The price of your meet entry fee (excluding GST)
- GST Payable: This field is automatically populated based on your Club’s settings.
- Margin on Cost: The price of your meet entry fee (excluding GST)
- Margin is Percentage: Not a required field
- Is Refundable: Recommend keeping this ticked, as it doesn’t guarantee a refund just allows it if needed.
- Quantity Available: The maximum number that can be sold
Select 'Save Draft' if you wish to save and continue later.
7. Event Summary
It is critical that the details of your meet are checked before your meet is published.
- To view the details select the '+' to display the information from that page
- To make any changes select 'Edit' and you will be taken back to that page for editing.
- To make changes to the meet manager file select 'Delete'
- This will remove the meet and MM Zip file from Swim Central.
- Return to meet manager, update the necessary fields, re-export the file
- Start the create an event workflow again
8. Publishing Your Meet
- If you are unsure of any event set up features, we strongly recommend that you contact your State Admin for assistance at this point.
- Once you have checked your meet and are comfortable that your meet has been setup correctly you can then publish the meet using the Publish button at the bottom of the Event Summary Page.
- If you are returning after saving your draft, from the Events dashboard
- Select the meet then select 'Complete Setup'
NB: If an error is found a club admin is able to unpublish their meet. This will remove the meet from calendars, and withdraw all tickets/products related to this event from the store.
However you can only unpublish your meet if it is
- Within 72 hours of publishing
- Prior to event nominations opening
- Prior to event starting
- No related purchase order products
- No related products are in a person's shopping cart
- Once published, meets that require approval and verification will show a status as pending on your Events dashboard. After your meet has run, results are uploaded and you have met any requirements as set by your State/Region/District, your Ancestor will approve and verify your meet.
9. Creating a Direct 'Clickable link to Your Meet
- It’s possible to generate a “clickable” link (a Bounce Link), to allow potential participants easy and direct access to nominate for your meet in Swim Central. This direct link can be emailed, placed within a flyer or on a website etc. You can copy your direct/bounce link by selecting the icon to the right of the event name on the Event Home screen.
The steps below outline what happens when a member uses the direct/bounce link.
- After clicking the link, they’re directed to the Swim Central sign in page (if not already signed in).
- Once they've signed in, they're taken directly to that meet
- They then complete the nomination workflow process for the first family member and they repeat the nomination workflow process as needed, to complete nominations for all family members.
We encourage clubs to remind their members to ensure that they proceed to the final confirmation screen (Thank you for your Purchases) for family member's nominations to avoid creating a pending payment.
10. Linking to Your Meet
You can advise other clubs and regions that your meet has been published and they can link your meet with their calendar, allowing their members to nominate.
Any club or region who has linked themselves with your meet, will be able to see the meet in their calendar and their members will able to see the meet in their calendar. This is also how clubs can see a list of swimmers who are attending a particular meet.
To link a meet, follow these steps:
- From the Events Dashboard
- Select the Link Event button
- Search for the entity hosting the meet,
- Select the event date from the calendar
- Select 'View Event'
- Select the Associate button
- You will get the option to set a surcharge, if this is not necessary, select 'Next'
- Select 'Save
11. Show in Calendar Feature
You now have the option to hide or show your meet from the calendar. This may be due to an error with the meet and is outside the window to unpublish or you have to cancel your meet etc.
From the Event Dash, untick 'Show in Calendar' box. This can be done at any time with immediate effect and will remove the event from
- Event Finder
- Event Calendar/Selector
- Public Event Embeddables
- Swim Finder
- Event Products removed from store
For those who have nominated or in the process of nominating
- Events attending tile continues to display and will allow navigation to Event Details
- Navigation to Event Details (for anybody with bounce link or nominations) will see a read only view
- Event products and nominations in trolleys or on payment pending orders will be blocked and an error message will display. For items in the trolley they will need to be removed. For payment pending the person will need to proceed to their order history and cancel the purchase order.
Please select here for the guide on Meet Entries and Uploading Results