Certain identification (ID) is required to be provided by club admins to then be verified by Swim Central's payment software (Stripe) as a security measure. This is in place to protect individual and organisation payments.
1. Valid ID Documents for Swim Central
The following steps must be completed by the person named as the Account Contact in their own profile in Swim Central as steps cannot be completed by someone impersonating the Account Contact.
The types of ID in Australia that can be used for verification are:
- Passport - if using the photo page, this is the only ID required (upload as Identity Document 1 only)
- Driver’s license - both the front and back of the license are required to be uploaded separately to Swim Central (Front of driver’s license as Identity Document 1 and back of driver’s license as Identity Document 2)
- Government Issued Identity card - both the front and back of the license are required to be uploaded separately to Swim Central (Front of identity card as Identity Document 1 and back of identity card as Identity Document 2).
ID documents should be scanned as JPEG or PNG files, for upload to Swim Central.
The ID that is uploaded:
- Must match the name of the Account Contact (Located under Club Information > Finances)
- Must clearly display details and is required to be uploaded in colour
- Must be readable and for verification by Stripe ( the ID be placed on a coloured background when taking a photo, (i.e., coloured paper, desk, etc). If the ID is placed on a white background or scanned by a photocopier, it will not be readable and verified.)
- Must not be in PDF or HEIC (iPhone) file types.
- Cannot be a digital licence type (Stripe currently doe not support this format)
2. To upload the identity verification document(s), follow these steps:
1) Login to Swim Central, select the padlock and enter your family PIN to unlock your profile (if you are part of a family group)
2) From your personal dashboard, select Profiles > View Profile
3) Open the Documents accordion and select 'Upload'
4) Complete the document upload
- Document Category - Select Identification
- Document Type - Select correct type (Drivers Licence or Passport)
- Select 'File' to upload your JPEG or PNG Identification file
- Enter the 'Reference Number' such as the drivers licence or passport number
- Enter the expiry date of the ID
5) Select Upload and a pop-up screen will appear at the bottom displaying 'Document Uploaded'. If you do not see this notification, please try to upload the document again.
6) Repeat to upload the back of your licence or Government issued Identity Card
To link the ID to the club account, see Step 2 here