Certain identification (ID) is required to be provided by club admins to then be verified by Swim Central's payment software (Stripe) as a security measure. This is in place to protect individual and organisation payments.
1. Valid ID Documents for Swim Central
The following steps must be completed by the person named as the Account Contact in their own profile in Swim Central as steps cannot be completed by someone impersonating the Account Contact.
Please make sure to have valid ID documents ready. The types of ID in Australia that can be used for verification are:
- Passport - if using the photo page, this is the only ID required (upload as Identity Document 1 only)
- Driver’s license - both the front and back of the license are required to be uploaded to Swim Central (Front of driver’s license as Identity Document 1 and back of driver’s license as Identity Document 2)
- Identity card - both the front and back of the license are required to be uploaded to Swim Central (Front of identity card as Identity Document 1 and back of identity card as Identity Document 2).
ID documents should be scanned as JPEG or PNG files, for upload to Swim Central. The ID that is uploaded:
- Must match the name of the Account Contact
- Must clearly display details and is required to be uploaded in colour
- Must be readable and for verification by Stripe (it is recommended that the ID be placed on a coloured background when taking a photo, (i.e., coloured paper, desk, etc). If the ID is placed on a white background or scanned by a photocopier, it may not be readable and verified.)
- Must not be in PDF or HEIC (iPhone) file types.
2. To upload the identity verification document(s), follow these steps:
- Login to Swim Central, select the padlock and enter your family PIN to unlock your profile (if you are part of a family group)
- From your personal dashboard, select Profiles > View Profile > Documents
- Select Upload
- Use the dropdown in Document Category to select Identification
- Use the dropdown in Document Type to select the appropriate document type (Adult Proof of Age Card, Driver’s License, Passport)
- Select File Upload and locate the file on your computer
- Enter the document Reference Number
- Enter the document Expiry
- Select Upload and a pop-up screen will appear at the bottom displaying 'Document Uploaded'. If you do not see this notification, please try to upload the document again.
3. Linking Identity Verification Documents to a Club Account in Swim Central
The following steps must be completed by the person named as the Account Contact in their own profile in Swim Central as step cannot be completed by someone impersonating the Account Contact.
To link the uploaded document(s) to the Club account, the Account Contact must follow these steps:
- Leave their document library by selecting 'Swim Central' icon on the top left
- From their personal dashboard, select Administration and enter your pin
- From the left hand navigation panel of the Club's Administration dashboard select About (Legacy Home)
- Click on Account on the bottom left to expand that section and then select Edit
- Select Account
- Use the drop-down menus to select the Passport or Front of Driver’s License/Identity Card into Identity Document 1 field
- Use the drop-down menus to select the Back of Driver’s License/Identity Card into Identity Document 1 field
- Select Save
Once all steps have been completed, Stripe will conduct the verification process, which can take up to 24 hours
Once you have uploaded these ID documents to the Club Account, they are then stored within the Stripe system.
After 48 hours the ID Documents can be deleted from your Documents library.
Once deleted, these ID documents will no longer be accessible or visible within Swim Central.
If there is a problem with verification, Stripe will notify the Account Contact via Swim Central on the Administration Dashboard in notifications saying 'Some business information for club name is urgently required to ensure uninterrupted operations.
- Select the notification to view the 'Entity Account Warnings'