Each season, clubs need to create membership products in Swim Central, for the different
memberships they will be offering that season.
Before starting anything in Swim Central, clubs need to determine their membership fees.
To view your state and national fees select the appropriate state below:
1. Login to Swim Central > Select Administration > Enter your Family Pin if required.
2. From your Club Dashboard select 'Create a Product'
3. Select 'Membership'
Membership Components Page:
4. Choose the correct component from the list displayed. (eg. 21/22 Competitive Swimmer 9 & Over, 21/21 Competitive Swimmer 8 & Under). If nothing displays, memberships may not be setup as yet.
The details of the component will be displayed
- Available Dates (dates the component is available to be used)
- Valid Dates (start and end date of the membership season)
- Price of the component (this includes the SAL, State, Region and estimated fees)
- Select 'Next'
Membership Details Page
5. Product Name: Enter the name of your membership product. (eg 21/22 Competitive Swimmer 8&U, 21/22 Competitive Swimmer 9&O, 21/22 Parent, 21/22 Coach)
6. Product Short Name: This is the membership name that will display on the digital membership card.
7. Description: A brief description of your membership, which will show in the catalogue
8. What Product is this Replacing? select from the drop-down list the product from the prior year (2020/21) that will be replaced by the product currently being created.
9. Are requirements needed to Purchase? Toggle On if Documents or Accreditation is required.
If a Document or Accreditation is required to purchase this product. Select 'Document
Category' & 'Document type' & select 'ADD' to remove Select 'X' icon
10. Document Issued on Purchase Toggle on if Documents are to be issued upon purchase.
Select 'Document Category' & 'Document type' & upload your file then select 'ADD' to remove select 'X' icon. Once the product is purchased then the document will be delivered to the parent's library in Swim Central.
11. Available Dates: Enter the Start and End dates the product is available to purchase.
12. Valid Dates: These are the dates that the product will be available for use (ie season dates) and this is pre-set by your State.
13. Eligible Age Group: Allows you to set any minimum or maximum age constraints
for your membership product. These are pre-set by your State but your Club
can further restrict if required depending on which ages your Club caters for.
14. Component Only: Untick for Clubs
15. Hide From Requirements List
Leave blank for wet members (e.g. Swimmers)
Tick for dry members (e.g. Life Members, Coaches, Parents)
Once membership Details are set, Select 'Next'
Pricing Details Page: All the pricing details of your membership product will be set here:
16. Cost Price exGST: This is the cost of your Club’s membership component.
If your Club is registered for GST, please take care to enter the cost excluding GST as Swim
Central will add GST to the amount.
17. Product Constraints Upfront Payment, Non-Subscription, Refunds Allowed: The product constraints are read only and are inherited from State & National level and are applied to the product as relevant to your club.
18. Membership Discounts: Create a discount for the membership
Clubs can choose to set early bird or late joiner style discounts against each membership
product created. Toggle on to use this feature and complete:
o Start Date and Finish Date the discount will be applicable
o The discount amount (can be either a $ or a %)
o Select the 'Add' button, to remove Select 'X' icon
Please Note: Pop up warning message will display If you set up a discount = 100%
19. Pricing breakdown of bundled components
You will see an estimated breakdown of the total cost to your Members for this
membership. This includes (from the top) Swimming Australia, your State, your
Region, your Club fee (as entered in the Cost Price field and the estimated fees (System and
You can 'Save Draft' your membership product at this stage, to save and continue at a later point in time or select 'Next' to continue.
Summary Page: The final screen allows you to check all the details of your membership product.
Ensure you check each field is correct and use the Previous button to go back if required.
Once you are happy with your membership product you can select
20. Save Draft: You product is saved as a draft and you can then return to it later.
21. Publish: You can no longer edit your membership product and it will be available to purchase in the store (as per your available dates).
If you Save your draft and return to the product later you have the option to
Edit Product: return to the legacy workflow and update your product then save or publish
Delete: only unpublished products can be deleted
Publish: From the availability accordion tick the show in catalogue and select 'Publish
You can no longer edit your membership product and it will be available to purchase in the store (as per your available dates).
Please click on the below links for further information